Hey there, in the whirlwind of life as a woman living in diaspora, finding some peace and quiet can feel like a far-off dream. But guess what? The secret to finding your inner calm and mental well-being is something you probably don’t know to pay attention to.
Welcome to Week 1 of our “Mind Your Mind” series, where we’re diving into the power of mental wellness in everyday life for the woman who desires to live boldly.
What’s This Mindfulness Thing Anyway?
Hold on, before you tune out and see this as some spooky post. Read along to uncover what true mindfulness is all about.
We know, these days, mindfulness seems to have taken on some weird, strange and spooky meaning.
But guess what? When the Bible says, “God is mindful of us”, what do you think this means?
It means that He sets His mind on us, intentional about thoughts of us, deliberate about us!
So, what is mindfulness?
It’s simply all about being fully present in the moment, accepting your thoughts and feelings without going all judge-y, and just being aware of what’s happening around you.
How to Get Your Mindfulness On
Now that you’re all caught up with what mindfulness is and how it can be a game-changer for your mental well-being, let’s get you started.
Here are some down-to-earth tips to make mindfulness a part of your daily life:
- Deep Breaths: Take a few minutes every day to focus on your breath. Inhale deeply, exhale slowly, and let go of stress with every breath.
- Mindful Moments: You don’t need to be a monk on a mountain. Practice mindfulness during everyday activities like eating, walking, or doing chores. Pay attention to the little things.
- Guided Help: Stay in scripture, dig deep into God’s word to find the anchor for your soul! Take the help of the Holy Spirit to bring calm, peace and contentment into your life, so you are not constantly running around looking for answers.
- Journal It: Keep a journal to jot down your thoughts, feelings, and moments of gratitude. Writing gives you a sense of pause, calmness and keeps you focused on the moment. Journaling can also be a way to do a brain dump, so you don’t keep your mind cluttered with little bits of information all day
- Nature Time: Spend some quality time in nature, taking short or long walks, sitting around and listening to the sounds of nature. This will leave you feeling refreshed, read to take on the world.
- Community Connection: Stay connected in community. Your journey of living in diaspora can sometimes be lonely, so finding your tribe and staying connected is a powerful way to build mental wellness and resilience. Sharing experiences and getting support can make your mindfulness journey even more awesome.
Remember, mindfulness isn’t a destination; it’s a journey, a way of life. It’s all about progress, not perfection. By embracing mindfulness, you’ll be building a resilient mind that’ll help you thrive in the every area of your life.
So, start today, and you’ll discover that your personal lake of inner peace is closer than you think!
Ready to get started with our community of women living boldly?
Learn more about The Living Boldly Collective here.